Thursday, July 9, 2009

Weeks 24 and 25

Matt and I have been very busy since my last posting....

Our crib and dresser/changing table are put together and ready to go in the nursery. We registered at Babies R Us and it was a great experience. I had been doing a lot of research on car seats, cribs, strollers, etc. and was very prepared when we went to register and buy the crib. Well, 4 hours later we were done and exhausted!!! Matt was amazed by my energy to shop and we were both surprised by how long it took. I can't tell you how surreal the experience was for me. I have bought so many baby gifts in the past and it was finally my time to experience registering and getting prepared.

Our next big project was painting the nursery! After many months of color discussions, Matt and I finally agreed upon a color scheme that we both loved. Matt spent about 13 hours taping, measuring and painting two coats and the nursery looks amazing....!!! We wanted to match our bedding to the wall colors, so the top half of the room is a really light green and bottom half is a rich chocolate brown color. In between the two colors is about a 2 inch strip of a really light khaki brown. I am so excited to get the furniture in place and all the accent pieces. We are having blinds installed in a few weeks. Matt and his Dad will be installing a ceiling fan when his parents visit. Then, we should be pretty much done with the nursery and will just wait for our little baby boy to arrive.

So, now on to the little man. I won't have another doctor's appt. for 2 more weeks, but I can tell that AJ is growing and getting stronger. His kicks are becoming stronger and I can now feel him rolling and turning. Some days he is really active and other days he is just chilling! My body is all baby! I'm growing outwards and my legs and arms and face are all the same size.

Overall, I'm still feeling good. I have been working out more and it is really helping with my swelling and ability to sleep good at night. Being pregnant has been an amazing experience. I think God everyday that he has blessed our desire to have a baby. Looking back, I know now that God had a plan for the right timing for Matt and I to have a baby. Austin is loved so much and Matt and I already have this overwhelming love and connection to him. I feel like I'm waiting for Christmas; to hold him in my arms and to smell him and kiss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment