Friday, October 9, 2009

Week 38


It's the final countdown! 2 more weeks until we meet Austin James....

At our doctor's appt. yesterday I had an internal exam and found out some exciting news! My cervix is 2+ dilated and I'm 70% effaced. I haven't had any strong contractions, just mild cramps so I wasn't sure if I had made any progress. AJ is head down and in my pelvis.

I've been feeling so good, that I have been in denial that this whole thing is happening. It's been very surreal to me. I'm excited, nervous, scared and overcome with joy that my emotions are all over the place. I keep thinking that I'm dreaming, but I know God has blessed us in so many ways! 4 years ago at this time we had our first positive pregnancy test and now God is delivering us this perfect baby boy! He is already so loved by his mom and dad, grandparents, family and friends! I can't wait to hold him and to look into his eyes and know that I am his mom and that will never change.

Matt and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Mahogany last Friday night and have spent some good quality time today. It has been so nice. He has been by my side this entire 10 months and loves on my belly and AJ all the time!

We decided to go ahead and purchase a new car this week before AJ comes. The convertible is up for sale and we will miss it! We got a 2006 Acura RL and it is so nice!

This weekend I just plan on getting pampered at the nail salon and resting.

Our next doctor's appt. is on Thursday, so I'll post more next week.

Thank you for all of the prayers and please continue to pray that everything goes smooth and AJ is healthy!

~Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment