Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 7

Week 7 began with a bang!!! The night after our first ultrasound I started having mild cramping in my upper/middle stomach. I wasn't too worried about it and was able to sleep just fine. On Wednesday I was cramping all day. After talking to Matt, I decided to call the doctor. The nurse said it was probably heart burn and to call on Thursday if it doesn't go away.

Well, Thursday morning came and I was still hurting. I called the doctor and they scheduled me to come in that morning. Matt and I went together. I wasn't too worried until we got to the doctor's office and I started to get scared-why is this happening, is the baby okay? Dr. Prough did an exam and after touching my bladder and it hurting, he said I had a bladder infection. I did a pee test to confirm the problem and was prescribed an antibiotic and told to drink lots of water/cranberry juice. Bladder infections are very common in pregnant woman.
Problem solved!

He checked out the baby and wow he/she has grown so much in just 3 days! From a grain of rice to a kidney bean! The heart rate went up to 119, which is very good news. The baby was measuring right on track and I was 7 weeks on March 5th.

Our next visit is Friday, March 13th. I believe Friday the 13th's are lucky days, as I'm a June 13th baby! Well, until next time, please keep praying for us! Thank you for everything!

2 comments:

  1. whew...I about started crying I was so worried!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so strong. We are so happy for both of you.

    ReplyDelete